Join thousands of PTA parent-volunteer advocates and leaders along with educators and community leaders in Ontario on April 27-29, 2018, to address education, health and community issues affecting our state’s kids and families. Stay tuned for more information!
CONVENTION 2017 HIGHLIGHTS
- General Sessions and Business of the Association – Delegates passed Legislation Polices (English and Spanish) and elected the 2017-2019 Board of Directors. Although no resolutions were brought forward for consideration this year, delegates received an update report on the resolution “Dyslexia: Addressing the Educational Implications in Public Schools” which was adopted in 2016.
- Workshops and Table Talks – Convention workshops and table talks provided a great selection of hands-on learning and training opportunities. Digital handouts will be available online until June 1, 2017.
- Inspiring Keynote Speakers and Presenters – Exciting and powerful keynote speakers such as The Education Trust-West Executive Director Ryan J. Smith and special guests including California Teacher of the Year Megan Gross and National PTA Executive Director Nathan R. Monell, CAE inspired delegates in each action-packed general meeting. View speaker bios.
- Exhibit Hall – The Exhibit Hall provided access to ideas and information for fundraising, assemblies and programs for your school. Our PTA News segment captured the fun.
- Group Photo – Convention participants gathered for a commemorative group photo. Watch the fun.
- Networking and Special Events – Participants linked up with hundreds of others working on behalf of children and families to share best practices, resources and information including the Friday Arts Experience, Live Chat, PTA Historical Display, Membership Wall of Fame and a student-led mini workshop.